Do you have some form of sales experience, whether that be front of house in a hotel, working in retail or telephone sales – in a role where is has been part of your job to offer additional products or services to a customer? Do you also have strong administration skills?
Our client, a well establish growing SME needs an additional team member in their busy Service and Maintenance team, based on the Wirral.
You don’t need experience in service & maintenance, but you DO need a background in sales, a confidence to upsell to customers over the phone when taking an order, just through general chat and offering to quote them for an additional services the company offers. You also need to be IT literate and have good IT skills, comfortably able to work at a computer.
You must be confident on the phone, really keen to help solve our clients problems and work well in a small and busy team.
There is loads of scope for training, personal development and progression for the right person.
Full time permanent role.
Specific Requirements include
- Assist in answering incoming calls from new and existing Maintenance clients
- Work closely with the Maintenance Co-Ordinator in logging and scheduling jobs on a bespoke maintenance package
- Developing a friendly rapport & trust with clients, making sure they feel well taken care of
- Spot opportunities to discuss a further service with a client that they don’t currently take from the company
- Asking clients, while discussing the service they currently buy, whether you can provide them with a quote for supplying other services too
- Where you identify that clients have alternative services with other providers and are on contract, diarising the contract renewal date, asking the client if we can quote nearer the time
- Where a client expresses interest in receiving a quote for an additional or new service, liaise with an engineer to have the quote created
- Manage the process of the quotes going out from engineers to clients, chasing up engineers if need be, ask when the quote will be ready, ask if you can send it to the customer on their behalf, or whether there might be anything else you can do to help the engineer get that quote out.
- Make some outbound calls to former clients and potential new clients if necessary to increase sales
- Over time, once you’re settled into the role, work with the team on tenders and bids
- Help oversee the company’s critical Corporate and Social Responsbility work
- Monitor Portals for tender opportunities that suit the business
- An eye for detail (can you spot the spelling mistake in this description?)
- General filing duties
- Great communication skills
- Strong admin skills – at least 2 years admin experience
- Excellent IT skills
- A chatty, confident person with good energy
- Able to work as part of a team
- Confident enough to prompt engineers to create a quote a customer may be waiting on
- Ideally, you will help develop the role by bringing new IT innovations and practices to the department
This role is with an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from anyone, whatever their age, race, disability, gender, sexuality or religion.
Salary: From £9.50 – £13.50 per hour depending on experience
This equates to £18,525 – £26,325 per annum
Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Mon to Thur
8.30am – 4.30pm on a Friday
1 hour for lunch.
Holidays: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
No two week Christmas shut-down other than Christmas day and Boxing day so staff book holidays around it if they wish.