Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
Full Time - Permanent
£35,000 - £40,000
An exciting new position for a Residential Conveyancing Solicitor or experienced Senior Conveyancer to join a successful Law Firm based in Saint Helens has opened up, due to increased volumes of business. We are looking for someone with a strong background within property law, primarily covering residential property, buy and selling, also acquiring of land and mixed use shop space, therefore we need someone who can come in and hit the ground running and is capable of doing all aspects of the role.
Caseload will be provided but the employer would also have an expectation that you will contribute towards the generation of further clients.
The Residential Conveyancing Solicitor/Senior Conveyancer role
- Manage all aspects of conveyancing primarily for residential property, buy and selling, also acquiring of land and mixed use shop space
- Conduct matters on behalf of clients in a timely and cost-effective manner in property sales and purchases, freehold and leasehold enquiries, sale, and purchase of land both registered and unregistered, re-mortgages, plot sales, transfer of equity
- Deal with legal issues both contentious and non-contentious
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of contracts
- Networking to generate own client & contact base
- Act honestly, with discretion and integrity, in accordance with the law and with regulatory requirements and the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Handbook and Code of Conduct
The Residential Conveyancing Solicitor/Senior Conveyancer requirements
- Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 1-3 years PQE in residential conveyancing at a CQS accredited firm OR approx. 4-5 years as Senior Conveyancer
- Ability to generate own client base
- Client facing and relationship skills
- Commercial awareness and problem solving
- Experience with running a caseload of approx. 80-150
- Knowledge and technical expertise in dealing with mixed use properties (residential & commercial)
- Proficient in understanding the property market and the direction it is going in
- Able to manage the complete process of buying, selling, and acquiring land and the conveyancing that comes with it
- Worked within, or be familiar with and be able to comply with the requirements of Lexcel
- Experience of case management systems, in particular Proclaim
- Fully conversant with anti- money laundering and anti-fraud legislation
Salary & Benefits
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Bonuses are available if financial billing targets are exceeded over the financial year.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00AM – 5:00PM, with 1-hour lunch breaks (35-hour working week).
Holidays: 25 days plus the 8 bank holidays per annum January-December.
Location: flexible to partial working from home/remote working.
If you have worked in any positions similar to the Residential Conveyancing Solicitor role, such as Senior Conveyancer please apply now, or give Courtneys a call for more information