Flooring Sales Assistant
Full Time - Permanent
£18,000 - £20,000
Flooring Sales Assistant
Our client a successful, growing and currently very busy flooring company is seeking an experienced Flooring Sales Assistant to join their small showroom team, based in the Huyton area. The company takes pride in providing the highest levels of service to its customers, along with an impressive range of flooring products and highly competitive pricing.
Experience in the flooring industry is essential, you must be able to estimate, quote, secure new orders, arrange fitting and problem solve independently. Taking a common sense approach is key in this role, as is the ability to think on your feet. The business is rapidly growing and will afford excellent opportunities for progression over time.
The Flooring Sales Assistant role
As Sales Assistant, you will work closely together with a small team in the shop/showroom. You will assist in supplying the customers with the best possible service by completing the following duties:
- Answering incoming telephone calls, and managing the customers queries to the best of your ability
- Dealing with customers coming into the shop, taking them through the showroom area and advising on flooring options
- Arranging appointments with customers for measuring the flooring
- To create quotes for customers, and discuss this with the customer
- To seek to secure the customers business where possible
- To contact unconverted estimates, asking the customer to inform you of their decision.
- To keep a log of customer lead information and manage own follow ups.
- To arrange fitting of the flooring, in line with customer and fitter availability
- Deal with customer complaints and issues, and in as many cases as possible, managing this independently, before needing to involve senior management.
- Deal with fitter questions and provide support for any issues they may have
- Keep a log of any issues that you have come across and if this problem re-occurs, discuss a plan of action with senior management.
- Customer service follow up calls, the day after installation.
- Maintain store appearance, making sure it looks good as customers arrive
- Ensure the highest levels of customer services are offered to all customers.
- To increase underlay upgrade sales where appropriate
- Actively seek areas of possible improvement and report back to senior management.
- Keep to company policies on deposits and outstanding balances
The Flooring Sales Assistant person/requirements
- Must have at least 1 years experience of flooring sales, face to face
- Must be able to calculate quotes for customers
- Able to problem solve independently should day to day issues come along without having to involve the Managing Director in each issue to find a solution. This will be most likely gained from experience in the industry
- Ideally be working within the flooring industry at present
Salary & Benefits for Flooring Sales Assistant
Salary: The basic salary is expected to be in the region of £18,000 – £20,000 per annum, however the salary offered will be in line with suitability and experience for this role. We feel that for a person who is able to bring in the right level of essential skills & experience, there may be a chance to negotiate the salary.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
(Required to work one Saturday a month 9:00am – 4:00pm)