Would you like to continue your work in audit with an accountancy firm that is keen to pay you an excellent salary, with flexible working? Somewhere where your holiday entitlement increases every year? A place where Directors talk openly about making sure people can progress with salary increases and next stage jobs? A job with a brilliant benefits package, that the Directors you work alongside have put in place, because they really value their staff?
If this sounds of interest, we would like to talk to you to tell you more.
Based in Liverpool city centre, this role is in one of 3 offices in the region, with a well established professional mid sized accountancy practice.
Salary: In terms of salary, we have stated a range of £30,000 – £40,000 but from discussions regarding salary, we know that salaries outside of this range will be readily considered if its in line with experience, no problem at all.
Qualifications: You can be QBE, or fully or part ACA or ACCA qualified
Experience: You will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ audit experience in an accountancy practice with a variety of clients.
Hours: 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, there is flexibility with this. Office-based, but there is an option for partial working from home if it suits the business.
Holidays: 20 days, plus bank holidays and 1 day holiday for birthdays. An extra day is accrued for each year worked, up to a max of 25. There may be some flexibility around holidays too.
- Employer pension contribution 4%, rising to 5% from 1 April 2023
- Quarterly reviews during training, 6 monthly reviews for staff not in training, Full annual appraisals
- Rewards – cashback and money off deals at high street shops and organizations
- Benefits – options to purchase additional benefits via salary sacrifice
- Gym membership
- Permanent health insurance
- Long term sickness plan
- Death in Service – 2.5x salary
The Audit Senior Requirements
- Be ACA / ACCA qualified / nearly qualified / qualified by experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ audit experience in an accountancy practice with a variety of clients.
- Be up to date on their technical knowledge of Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Strong IT skills are essential in this role, with candidates ideally being competent in all Microsoft packages as well as accounts production, audit and corporation tax software, (Iris, My Work Papers, Sage Line 50) and preferably some experience of cloud-based accounting software.
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to tailor communication appropriately.
- Have experience in developing client relationships and understanding client service standards.
- Be flexible to work additional hours in order to meet deadlines or unforeseen problems.
- Be respectful and professional, speaking positively of others.
- Have excellent attention to detail and a strong commercial awareness.
The Audit Senior Duties
Supporting our teams to deliver a high-quality service to a range of clients on a timely basis, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparing assignments to strict deadlines (accounts, tax, briefing notes), reporting either directly to director/partner or on more complex assignments to senior manager.
- Liaising with the director/partner or manager to organise assignments (book with clients and organise staff).
- Giving clear, unambiguous instructions to staff on assignments, ensuring they are suitably trained and supervised.
- Liaising with relevant departments to make sure work is planned at the right time.
- Highlighting issues which the manager/partner needs to discuss with the client.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and liaising with other teams to ensure work is appropriately planned.
- Reviewing work in progress and fee budgets on monthly basis, reporting variances from billing target to manager/partner.
- Arranging pre-completion meetings with managers/directors/partners/clients on timely basis.
- Manage own fee targets, prepare own budgets and bills for manager/partner approval.
- Provide staff with feedback at the end of the assignments.
- Identify when staff members may need support, provide support and refer issues where appropriate to relevant line manager.
If you have worked in any positions similar to the Audit Senior role, such as Audit Junior, Audit Associate, Audit Executive, Audit Manager, Audit Supervisor, External Audit, Financial Auditor, Lead Auditor, Principal Auditor, Senior Audit Associate, Senior Audit Executive, or Senior Auditor please apply now or give Courtneys a call at 01516016263 for more information.